We Construct Sunrooms, Patio Covers, Railing Systems as well as Additions. We do it all, the choice is yours.
We have the answer, add an addition to your home? At Designer Sunrooms and Additions we specialize in major home renovations; Main floor additions- family rooms, great rooms and kitchens. Our free consultation will help determine whether you home qualifies for an addition. We provide a complete hassle-free home addition service- We deal with the planning department for minor variances and zoning restrictions, so you don’t have to! We have experience dealing with appeals or zoning rulings with the Ontario Municipal Board.
Owner of Designer Sunrooms and Additions, John Witten and his team share a passion for residential building. John wanted to establish a benchmark in the industry for good quality home improvements. It is the industry experience that John has attained that makes Designer Sunrooms and Additions the right choice for your addition project.
John started in home improvements in 1972. He has operated a dealership for a manufacturing and installation company. Here are just some of the credential that John Witten has attained so far;
- Past vice president of the Hamilton- Halton Home Builders Association
- Past president of SAWDAC (sliding and window dealers association of Canada) and one of the founding members of this nation wide organization
- Past committee member of Hamilton education co-op program- a joint Mohawk college/ Hamilton board of education project
- Seminar presenter/ speaker for the following organizations;
– Hamilton/ Halton Home Builders Association
– B P Dealership Network
– IDEA Show Production
- Certification for sales and installation for the following sunroom manufacturers;
– Better Living Patio Rooms
– Temo Sunrooms
– Sunspace Sunrooms
- Member of the Burlington Chamber of Commerce
- For 5 years managed Beverly Hills Home Improvements sunroom division
- Has obtained great knowledge in dealing with minor variance and OMB issues
John and Dan looked after the building of a screened sunroom addition to our home in 2017 and we have been enjoying it ever since. Our project was challenging as we live in a freehold townhouse in south Oakville and our dreams meant that a variance request had to be drawn up, submitted and approved. John handled it all. The project also had narrow access to the rear yard and a complicated roof structure amongst other challenges. John gave us a quote and the project was done in budget. Dan did a tremendous job with his team in completing this beautiful room and keeping the worksite clean in the process. We visited a couple of John’s clients previously and each said, “We live out here”. Well, add us to the list. The project included a small deck with steps and reworking some of the patio around the room. It all looks wonderful and has made all the difference in our enjoying our “downsized” home. I highly recommend a screened room for people who want to enjoy the outdoors and control their exposure to pests and the sun. We are retired but it would be great for small children and our grown kids love it too. A very relaxed place to kick back over a bbq’d meal, glass of wine or just to chat with family and friends – we even used it for Thanksgiving dinner overflow! I also love to paint in the sunroom as the light is perfect.
Thanks and congratulations to the team – this has so enhanced our lives!